Image Comics has so many great comic book series out right now, and many of them are being adapted to television and the big screen. One of the most popular being The Walking Dead.
Here is a list of all the upcoming television shows and movies being adapted from Image Comics series.
If you haven’t read any of these comic books from Image Comics yet, we highly recommend it. Below will include descriptions of the series as well as links to purchase the first volume of each series on Amazon. You can also purchase any of these at your local comic book shop. You can click either the links or the images of the comic books to be taken to Amazon.
Publishing date: 06-2014
- (W) Kieron Gillen (A) Jamie McKelvie & Matthew Wilson
- Synopsis – Every ninety years, twelve gods incarnate as teenagers. They are loved. They are hated. In two years, they are dead.
- Production Company: N/A
News: In the early stages of development, so far no timeline or talent is attached to the production.
Publishing date: 09-2013
- (W) Matt Fraction (A/CA) Chip Zdarsky Publishing date:
- Synopsis – Suzie’s a normal girl with an extraordinary ability: when she has sex, she stops time. One night she meets John… who has the same gift. And so they do what any other sex-having, time-stopping couple would do: they rob banks.
- Production Company: Masterminds
News: No timeline or attached talent yet, but this would certainly change people’s expectations of comic book TV shows.
Publishing date: 02/2012
- (W) ROBERT KIRKMAN & NICK SPENCER (A/CA) SHAWN MARTINBROUGH
- Conrad Paulson lives a secret double life as master thief Redmond. There is nothing he can’t steal, nothing he can’t have… except for the life he left behind. Now, with a grown son he hardly knows, and an ex-wife he never stopped loving, Conrad must try to piece together what’s left of his life, before the FBI finally catch up to him… but it appears they are the least of his worries.
- Production Company: Syfy
News: Slightly in development limbo. The last update was Summer 2016.
Publishing date: 06-2017
- (W) Gail Simone (A/CA) Cat Staggs
- A slick and ruthless Chicago hitman. A smart but downtrodden Seattle housewife. When an inexplicable event strikes these two random strangers, their bodies, souls, and lives are switched to potentially deadly effect.
- Production Company: Syfy
News: Recently picked up and in development at Syfy. It’s basically Freaky Friday meets Goodfellas!
Publishing date: 10/2014
- (W) Joshua Williamson. (A/CA ) Andrei Bressan and Adriano Lucas
- For the Rhodes family, losing their son was the most devastating thing that could’ve ever occurred… but it couldn’t prepare them for what happened when he returned.
- Production Company: Skybound Entertainment & Universal
News: Robert Kirkman, creator of The Walking Dead and Outcast comics, will be producing a film adaptation based on the comic series. Kirkman’s Production Company, Skybound Entertainment, announced its next partnership with Universal.
Publishing date: 08-1999
- (W) Brian Michael Bendis (P) Angel Medina (I) Jonathan Glapion (C) Todd Broeker & Jay Fotos, Cover by Ashley Wood
- The detectives from Spawn get their own series in a story written by the master of the crime comic, Brian Michael Bendis. When four thumbs show up at a crime scene, it’s unusual, but Sam and Twitch have seen stranger things. But when all four thumbs are proven to have the same fingerprint, the detectives realize they’ve got a real mystery on their hands.
- Production Company: BBC America
News: Kevin Smith is attached to write, direct, and executive produce.
Publishing date: 05-1992
- (W/A/CA) Todd McFarlane
- When government assassin Al Simmons is murdered, a deal with the devil brings him back to the realm of the living. But now he walks the shadows as the disfigured soldier of hell known as Spawn. Armed with unimaginable, but finite, magical abilities, Spawn is destined to play an important role in the upcoming Armageddon.
- Production Company: Blumhouse
Publishing date: 01-2003
- (W) Robert Kirkman, (A) Cory Walker (I) Ryan Ottley
- Invincible is the teenage son of Omni-Man, an extraterrestrial superhero of the Viltrumite race. Invincible inherited his father’s superhuman strength and ability to fly and he has sworn to protect the Earth. He has had trouble adjusting to his newfound powers and coping with the reality of his origins.
- Production Company: Universal
News: Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg will work with Robert Kirkman to develop this adaptation for Universal Studios.
9. Deadly Class
Publishing date: 01-2014
- (W) Rick Remender (A) Wesley Craig
- Deadly Class follows students enrolled at King’s Dominion Atelier of the Deadly Arts, a secret high school in San Francisco, as they train to become the next generation of top assassins for crime families across the globe. The first issues of Deadly Class focus on the story of Marcus Lopez as he transitions from living on the streets to being enrolled into a school of assassins. The academy, run by Master Lin, is composed of children of mob bosses and mass murderers, learning the same trade as their parents.
- Production Company: Syfy
News: The full cast has been revealed for the TV show pilot.
Publishing date: 06-2013
- (W) Greg Rucka (A) Michael Lark (L) Jodi Wynne
- Lazarus is a coming of age story for a young woman named Forever Carlyle who is questioning her identity. Its major themes are the meaning of “family” and nature versus nurture. It is set in a bleak future where the world has been divided into sixteen large land areas, each led by one family. Each family rules their region in a feudal system that divides people into three tiers: “family”, “serfs” (skilled labors), and “waste”. The families have formed alliances to protect themselves from other families, and each family has a chosen warrior known as a “Lazarus” who represents them in combat.
- Production Company: Amazon
News: Amazon is developing the TV show at the moment. Rucka and Lark will executive produce the series alongside Angela Cheng Caplan.
Publishing date: 07-2012
- (W) Tim Seeley (A) Mike Norton (L) Crank!
- Set in central Wisconsin, Revival follows the aftermath of the dead coming back to life. The story is centered on detective Dana Cypress and her revived sister Em as it touches on religious, moral and social themes. As they investigate, they find Em’s murder and the cause of the revival are closely linked.
- Production Company: Shatterglass Films
News: A teaser trailer has been released at last years C2E2.
12. Kill The Minotaur
Publishing date: 06-2017
- (W) Chris Pasetto and Christian Cantamessa (A) Lukas Ketner and Jean-Francois Beaulieu
- Athens lost the war to Crete. Now, they pay tribute to King Minos by sacrificing their best citizens to his unearthly labyrinth. Conspirators believe Theseus can be the hero they need, who can end the mad king’s bloody reign…but no one on this world has ever encountered anything like the savage minotaur.
- Production Company: Skybound Entertainment
News: Recently announced they are developing the feature film adaptation.
Publishing date: 02-2015
- (W) Bryan Hill and Matt Hawkins (A) Isaac Goodhart
- The townsfolk of Eden, Wyoming wake up to the first official murder the town has seen in 25 years. Their reaction to this isn’t normal, and there’s a reason for that. Eden operates as a haven for fugitive criminals who remain here while new identities, often including facial reconstruction, are created for them. There is zero tolerance for any illegal activity that might draw attention to the town and an “official murder” is the last thing they want. A single, tight-knit family runs Eden with the youngest oddball son Mark Shiffron overseeing the postal branch, the only means of shipping in or out of the city. THE FBI has repeatedly been foiled trying to insert an undercover here; they see Mark as the weak link to exploit. This murder gives them a new opportunity.
- Production Company: Hulu
News: Currently in production at Hulu, not much news has been released lately.
Publishing date: 11-1995
- (W) David Wohl, Marc Silvestri, Brian Haberlin, Ron Marz (A) Michael Turner, Marc Silvestri, Stjepan Šejić
- ‘LIFE AFTER,’ Part One Gunned down and left for dead on a New York rooftop, Alex Underwood’s life should have ended there-but instead, at the moment of death, she became host to the Witchblade, a mystical artifact that grants the woman wielding it extraordinary powers. But the power comes with a heavy cost, and Alex finds herself thrust into the center of an unseen battle raging on the snowy streets of NYC. Demons are real and walking among humans, and every one of them is intent on taking out the Witchblade’s newest host before she becomes too strong to kill. But the artifact chose Alex for a reason, and she’s not going down without a fight.
- Production Company: NBC
News: Currently in development at NBC, not much as been announced yet.
15. Kill or Be Killed
Publishing date: 08-2016
- (W) Ed Brubaker (A) Sean Phillips
- Dylan, a 28 year-old grad student, is depressed because he is in love with his best friend, Kira, but she is dating Dylan’s roommate, Mason. He has a cynical worldview and criticizes the world for its materialism, and at the same time wishes he could connect better with the people in it. When his roommate is away one night, Dylan and Kira begin a secret affair. When Dylan overhears Mason and Kira discussing how pitiful he is, Dylan decides to commit suicide. He jumps off a tall building, but survives due to unlikely events. That night, he is visited by a demon who claims he spared Dylan’s life. The demon says Dylan must now murder one person for every additional month he wants to live.
- Production Company: Lionsgate
News: John Wick director Chad Stahelski is teaming up with his John Wick producer Basil Iwanyk to tackle this comic book adaptation.
Thanks for checking out our website! We have tons of content so check out the rest of our website for videos, audio podcasts, articles and more! You can also follow our website and subscribe to our YouTube Channel to stay up to date on all of our content! Check out our social media pages Facebook, Instagram and Twitter so you don’t miss out on our next comic and collectible giveaway and even more content!
This post uses affiliate links.